The project ‘Market-based approaches to improving the safety of pork in Vietnam’ (SafePORK) seeks to recruit a full-time research assistant, from 24 to 36 months, starting from 1 July 2018.
SafePORK aims to reduce the burden of food-borne disease in informal, emerging and niche markets. SafePORK will develop and evaluate light-touch market-based approaches to improving food safety, while safeguarding livelihoods in the pork sector. This project is coordinated by the International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) in collaboration with Hanoi Universuty of Public Health (HUPH), Vietnam National University of Agriculture (VNUA), and National Institute of Animal Science (NIAS) and private sectors. The team uses an inter-disciplinary approach and brings together expertise in smallholder pig systems, risk analysis, socio-economics, value chain assessment, veterinary epidemiology and public health. SafePORK is funded by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR).
The successful candidate will help the project team to do works related to
- Co-organize the field trips and collect samples, information in accordance with the pork value chain in the study areas (Hung Yen, Nghe An, Hanoi, Hoa Binh, Bac Ninh provinces).
- Synthesise and analyse data from food safety laboratories related to the project.
- Summarise records related to field, workshop, meetings…
- Implement administrative tasks such as make dispatches, invitation, contract and financial documents.
- Bachelor or master degree in public health, biology, veterinary medicine or veterinary public health, or food sciences;
- Have at lease 2 years experience on related fields;
- Have the skills and experiences in performing field study in food safety (for example, food/environment sampling, analysis of Salmonella, total bacteria count);
- Have ability to communicate and cooperate with stakeholder, local people in the field area;
- Have ability to use analysis software (for example, R, Stata, SPSS);
- Good English and experience in qualitative research;
- Proactive, flexible and responsible, commitment to completing the assigned tasks on time and going to the field trip;
- Only Vietnamese candidates are eligible.
Work place and compensation
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Holiday: as Vietnam Labour Law
- Work at CENPHER, HUPH, 1A Duc Thang road, Duc Thang ward, North Tu Liem, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Assistance: stationery and computer
- Be participated the training related to the project, and regular working with international team.
How to apply
Applicants are invited to send application package to firstname.lastname@example.org
Appication package includes:
- A letter of interest
- A curriculum vitae with recent 4×6 cm photo
- Copies of main degrees, or relevant certificates
- Names and contact information of two reference
Any questions about the application, contact Tran Thi Ngan, mobile number +84 982560992, email: email@example.com . Only short listed candidates will be invited for interview.